A man has sensationally claimed to have found the wreckage of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on Google Maps.
Ian Wilson believes a blurry outline of an aircraft spotted in the Cambodian jungle is in fact the same plane that went missing four and a half years ago.
The missing MH370 is one of the biggest aviation mysteries and has dumbfounded investigators ever since it vanished.
But Mr Wilson reckons his image could be a significant step in finding the plane and the 239 people on board.
He told the Daily Star: ‘Measuring the Google sighting, you’re looking at around 69 metres, but there looks to be a gap between the tail and the back of the plane.
‘It’s just slightly bigger, but there’s a gap that would probably account for that.’
The video producer is now determined to travel to the high-altitude location, deep within a jungle in Southeast Asia, after spending ‘hours’ trawling through Google.
He said: ‘I was on there (Google), a few hours here, a few hours there. If you added it up I spent hours searching for places a plane could have gone down.
‘And in the end, as you can see the place where the plane is. It is literally the greenest, darkest part you can see.’
The Boeing 777 vanished on March 8, 2014, while flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing.
The Malaysian government called of the search for the flight earlier this year and admitted they had no idea what happened to all those people on board.
US-based Ocean Infinity had been using a deep-sea vessel to survey a vast area of the southern Indian Ocean.
But after the search found nothing, Malaysia said it had no plans to begin any new searches.
The original search focused on the South China Sea before analysis revealed the plane had made an unexpected turn west and then south.
Australia coordinated an official search on Malaysia’s behalf which scoured 46,000 square miles and cost 200 million Australian dollars (£113m) before it ended in 2017.
In May, Australia said it remains hopeful MH370 will one day be found despite the last privately funded seabed search coming to an end.
Malaysia signed a ‘no cure, no fee’ deal with Texas-based Ocean Infinity in January to resume the hunt for the plane, a year after the official search in the southern Indian Ocean by Australia, Malaysia and China was called off.
No other search is scheduled.
Australia, Malaysia and China agreed in 2016 that an official search would only resume if the three countries had credible evidence for a specific wreckage location.