Last week the first helicopter search of the area northwest of Phnom Penh was completed by aviation experts desperate to get their hands on the £53million finder’s fee.
And Brit investigator Ian Wilson is now hoping to conduct a search of the jungle on foot, convinced the picture shows the missing Malaysia Airlines jet.
But some believe the plane could be a F-105 Thunderchief – a heavy, high-tech, ground-attacker used by the US in the Vietnam war.
The aircraft conducted the majority of strike bombing missions during the early years of the war and was the only one to be removed from combat due to high loss rates.
More than 20,000 jets were flown during the war, one the bloodiest and most violent in history, with 382 aircraft lost including 62 non-combat losses.
And the jet does seem to bare some similarity to the plane pictured in jungle.
Reacting to the snap on Twitter, one user said: “That is definitely a Thunderchief – loads went missing during the war”.
Agreeing, one replied: “So many of the planes were found in the jungle.”
But most agreed that whatever the plane is, it needs to be investigated.
And at 70m, the jet is slighting longer than the actual length of the US bomber.
MH370 truth-seekers are still hoping the jungle snap shows the missing Malaysia Airlines flight.
The missing plane is one of the biggest aviation mysteries and has dumbfounded investigators ever since it vanished.
The Boeing 777 vanished on March 8, 2014, while flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing.
It was carrying 239 on board.
“Either way, it needs to be investigated”
The Malaysian government called of the search for the flight earlier this year and admitted in a final report they had no idea what happened to all those people on board.
US-based Ocean Infinity had been using a deep-sea vessel to survey a vast area of the southern Indian Ocean.
The original search focused on the South China Sea before analysis revealed the plane had made an unexpected turn west and then south.
Australia coordinated an official search on Malaysia’s behalf which scoured 46,000 square miles and cost 200 million Australian dollars (£113m) before it ended in 2017.
In May, Australia said it remains hopeful MH370 will one day be found despite the last privately funded seabed search coming to an end.
Australia, Malaysia and China agreed in 2016 that an official search would only resume if the three countries had credible evidence for a specific wreckage location.
Last week, Daily Star Online exclusively revealed the last message sent to pilot of the plane before it dropped off the radar.
And just yesterday we revealed pictures of missing debris that was ignored by investigators.
There have been a number of theories explaining what may have happened to the doomed flight ranging from the zombie flight hypothesis to fears of a terrorist attack to more whacky suggestions, such as abduction by Vladimir Putin or even alien involvement.
Site Search 360 Trends